Saturday, March 1, 2014

What are the filing requirements for Tax Year 2013?

  • If you made over $400 as self-employed person, you are required to file and pay self employment taxes. 
       You are self-employed if you are fall in any of the following groups: You are an independent contractor, a sole proprietor, a member of a partnership, or are in a business for yourself in any other way.)

  • Filing Requirements for most taxpayers.

Filing StatusMinimum Gross Income (under 65)Minimum Gross Income (65+)
Head of Household$12,850$14,350
Married Filing Jointly$20,000$21,200 (one spouse)
$22,400 (both spouses)
Married Filing Separately$3,900$3,900
Widow with Dependent Child$16,100$17,300

  • Church employees who are paid more than $108.28 in wages not subject to Social Security or Medicare taxes are also required to file.

  • Children and Dependents are required to file if they make m

    Tax Charm blog is not legal or professional advice.

    You are reading Tax Charm blog at your own free will and you are taking the information provided at your own risk.

    I am the legal copy righter of this blog, you may not use, reprint or publish information from this blog without my permission.

    ore than $1000 in unearned income (ie, interest, dividends) or $6100 in earned income.