Sunday, December 23, 2012

“Tax Us, We Don’t Mind.” Celebrities and a CEO who want to pay Higher Income Taxes

Warren Buffet says he wants to pay higher taxes. While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks," Warren Buffet writes.

What’s a few billion to 46 billion? Warren Buffet pays an effective rate of 27.9% tax rate, while he says his secretary makes $60, 000 and pays a tax rate of 30%. Although If I was Billionaire Warren Buffet’s secretary, I would be asking for a raise…..

Jay-Z He says “Obama Can Tax Me.”  Jay-Z does not mind paying higher income taxes if it goes to education and poverty.
 
Jay, we got 99 Problems and Mitt Romney ain't one! I can say that with my chest now.

Eva Longoria "The Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers -- she needed a tax break,” Longoria told the crowd at the Democratic National Convention. "But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."

 Right on Eva! Eva has a net worth of 35 million. While the average 2012 Wendy’s worker makes $7.25 an hour and has a net worth in the negative.

JP Morgan Chase’s CEO Jamie Dimon CEO Dimon supports paying 39.6 percent in taxes, up from what Dimon paid last tax year. Dimon also said he might back an increase in the capital gains tax rate to around 24 percent from 15 percent, a proposal by President Barack Obama, for people making above $250,000.

Ben Affleck "I don't know, you know, what your nut looks like," Ben Affleck said to O'Reilly, "but I don't spend so much that I can't afford to pay a little bit more in taxes."

Will Smith says he is very supportive of President Obama's proposal of increasing taxes on the wealthy?"America has been fantastic to me. I have no problem paying whatever I need to pay to keep my country going."

Chris Rock  " I’ll pay higher taxes," Chris Rock told the Associated Press. "I look at it this way: I can pay higher taxes and people can have jobs, or I can pay lower taxes and I have my kid’s teacher asking me for a loan because she’s going to lose her house, which is true,” “So I’m going to lose the money no matter what."

Mind you, this conflicts with what Chris Rock said on the YouTube videos. However, that was the Comedian Chris Rock relating his comedy to us not so rich folks.

  So readers,  there you all go, there are rich Americans who don’t mind higher taxes. Some of the wealthy and more fortunate American citizens consider paying higher taxes as giving back and making the United States go round!!


  “I’m thankful for the taxes I paid because that means I’m employed” Nancie J. Connelly

No comments:

Post a Comment